For those who have freezer space, we recommend buying in bulk. You will be able to enjoy the full array of wonderful cuts of meat and their associated flavours and textures. And it saves you money, and makes our life a little simpler as well.
We have not raised our prices from 2021, in an effort to help people save money. However, our processors have increased their prices, so that will be reflected in your final total. Our Herdshare people came through for us last fall after the terrible accident we had, and we appreciate you all so much. We hope to make up for our increased costs by increased sales, and new packages and options (sausage, different types of cured meats, bacon, etc). We'd really love it if people could continue to pick a few "Add-Ons" to go along with their orders. That has been working really well, and we thank you.
Another idea that may appeal to some is the option to add or substitute various types of gluten-free sausage which we will exchange for some of your ground beef or pork, or add to the cost of your order if you want all your ground. There'd be no additional charge, beyond the costs that we pay to the processor. More on those costs can be found here.
***Every whole or side comes with ALL your soup bones, and scrap/trim. You will be able to make tons of nutritious bone broth and soup stock.
For processing, we haul to a small licensed and inspected facility that is less than an hour from our farm. They treat our animals as if they were certified organic. We know that we can be sure to get our own animals back, including the ground beef.
We are here to offer advice and recommendations about cutting and wrapping, and we take care of all the details around processing, butchering, and shipping.
Wholes and Halves:
- We are now taking orders for wholes and halves, ready to go to processor April through November.
- Price is $4.50/lb for a side; $3.95/lb for a whole, plus processing/cut/wrap costs (approximately $250 for a 270lb side); based on hanging weight (approximately 280-370 lb/side). A side works out to between $1500 and $1800.
- Please specify whether you prefer a heavier or lighter side.
- Cut and wrapped to your specification. We will call to discuss cutting instructions and relay them to the processor. For those new to buying beef this way, we are happy to offer recommendations and guidance, as well as recipe ideas.
- Includes soupbones for making bone broth, dog bones, trim, etc.
- Group orders: If you order together (halves/wholes/quarters), we are happy to give better pricing.
- Deposit is required, $300 per side, $500 per whole
Mini-Side (Split quarter):
- Mini-Sides are $5.95/lb, including processing. These are a split quarter, with cuts from front and hind, including soupbones. Weights from 140 to 190 lb are available.
- These have all the cuts (including soup bones for making delicious, collagen-rich bone broth, and trim for your dog) that come from an entire side (front and hind quarter)
- Regular price is $6.15/lb, based on hanging weight. Price includes processing. Deposit is $150.
Sixth of a Beef (New!!):
- Bigger than a Pasture Pack, smaller than a Mini-Side.
- Average 90-120lb of beef cuts and soupbones. Trim not included.
- Price is $7.95/lb
- Deposit is $100.