For those who have freezer space, we recommend buying in bulk. You will be able to enjoy the full array of wonderful cuts of meat and their associated flavours and textures. And it saves you money, and makes our life a little simpler as well.
***Every whole or side comes with ALL your soup bones, and scrap/trim. You will be able to make tons of nutritious bone broth and soup stock.
Since our main government inspected processing facility closed down in 2022, we have obtained our On-Farm Slaughter Licence. Animals are aged, cut, and wrapped at a small AHS approved facility. We have been really happy with them. One very sad thing is that at this point we cannot expect to make bacon and hams any time soon.
We are here to offer advice and recommendations about cutting and wrapping, and we take care of all the details around processing, butchering, and shipping.
Wholes and Halves:
- We are now taking orders for wholes and halves, ready to go to processor June through November.
- Price is $4.85/lb for a side or whole; plus processing/cut/wrap costs (approximately $350 for a 300lb side); based on hanging weight (approximately 280-340 lb/side). A side of beef works out to about $1850, including cut and wrap.
- Please specify whether you prefer a heavier or lighter side.
- Cut and wrapped to your specification. We will call to discuss cutting instructions and relay them to the processor. For those new to buying beef this way, we are happy to offer recommendations and guidance, as well as recipe ideas.
- Includes soupbones for making bone broth, dog bones, trim, etc.
- Group orders are most welcome!
- Deposit is required, $400 per side, $600 per whole.
Mini-Side (Split quarter):
- Mini-Sides are $5.95/lb, including processing. These are a split quarter, with cuts from front and hind, including soupbones. Weights from 140 to 190 lb are available.
- These have all the cuts (including soup bones for making delicious, collagen-rich bone broth, and trim for your dog) that come from an entire side (front and hind quarter)
- Regular price is $6.65/lb, based on hanging weight. Price includes processing. Deposit is $150.